Applying for Financial Aid
To receive financial aid at the Southern University Law Center, you should follow the below steps annually.
- To be eligible for financial assistance in government-funded programs, all students must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually at www.fafsa.ed.gov and meet the general eligibility requirements.
Federal School Code 002025.
- Ensure you have completed your Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note atwww.studentloans.gov and satisfied all requirements.
- Access the Banner Self Service link from the SULC homepage at www.sulc.edu to accept or decline your terms & conditions and loan awards or by clicking on this hyperlink: https://ssbprd11g.subr.edu:8890/PROD8/twbkwbis.P_GenMenu?name=homepage
User ID: S0xxxxxxx (found on your award notification)
PIN: Date of Birth (six digit month, day, year by default)
- Click "Financial Aid"
- Click "Award"
- Click "Award for Aid Year"
- Click "2014-2015" and then "Submit"
- Click "Terms and Conditions"
- Click Accept (at the bottom)
- Click "Accept Award Offer"
- To accept loans, Click 'Accept' in the side box. If declining loans, click 'Decline'.
- If accept everything, Click "Accept Full Amount of All Awards".
- If declining anything, Click "Submit Decision".
- 4. To apply for a Graduate PLUS Loan, complete the application online at www.studentloans.gov.After receiving your decision, please accept your award by completing the SULC Federal Direct Loan application available under financial aid forms at www.sulc.edu/Departments/FinancialAid/forms.html.
Please ensure your mailing address and email address are current at all times using Banner Self Service.