SULC's Pathway Program Overview
The mission of the SULC Pipeline Program is to encourage college students from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to law school and aspire to legal careers.
- Encourage college students from underrepresented backgrounds to apply to law school.
- Increase representation in the field of law.
- Provide access and opportunity to a diverse group of students.
- Educate attorneys who will meet the need for legal services in communities which might otherwise go unserved.
SULC’s Pathway Program is designed to assist undergraduate students in pursuing a career in law. The Program will prepare students for a successful law school journey by providing mentoring, skills development, and advising. Additionally, the Program will provide academically rigorous content, engage students in coursework that will significantly improve their writing, reading, critical thinking and allow for Program participants to participate in civic understanding and engagement.
The length of the Program will be one semester with the start date being January 2024 in the Spring semester.
To be eligible for the Pipeline Program, an applicant must:
- Be a member of a racial or ethnic group that is underrepresented in the legal profession;
- Be a student at SUBR who will apply to law school during the 2024-2025 admission cycle (for Fall 2025 entering class); and
- Possess a minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
- Application Deadline – November 24, 2023
- Notification of Accepted Students – December 4, 2023
- Start Date –January 2024, Spring 2024
- Courtney Richardson at email@example.com
Disclaimer: This project received funding from the Law School Admission Council, Inc. (LSAC). The opinions and conclusions contained in this document are the opinions and conclusions of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of LSAC.”