First Year Student Resources
- Legal Pals Program
“Legal Pals is a mentor program which matches incoming law students with student ambassadors who serve as mentors during the summer. Mentors will introduce the incoming students to the types of services, resources, and facilities available for students at the Law Center. Mentors provide support, guidance, and advice on how to navigate the unique challenges presented to incoming law students.
Additionally, mentors are encouraged to:
- Actively build genuine, professional, and helpful connections.
- Offer exam taking strategies and study techniques.
- Attend and be prepared for all meetings with legal pals.
- Provide time management techniques.
- Offer advise on how to be prepared for law school.
- Encourage legal pals to attend the Pre-Law Program during the summer.”
- Academic Calendar
- Learn about the Oliver B. Spellman Law Library services and eBooks
- Counseling/Wellness Services (academic assistance)
- Video B-Roll Tour of the Law Center
- Advice Videos from students
“Preparing for Class”
“Pearls of Wisdom”
“Tips for Writing a Law School Outline”