Resources for Students
Your First Year: Build a Foundation & Explore Your Interests
In your first year, you will work with the Office of Career & Professional Development to identify your professional goals, create a strategic plan to pursue them, and take actionable steps to explore and refine your interests.
Throughout Law School: Plan, Engage, Look Ahead
You are encouraged to work closely with the Office of Career Services throughout your law school career, including to:
- Update your resume and identify career goals and positions of interest
- Participate in skill building activities: clinics and externships
- Join organizations that expose you to different areas of the law: ABA participation and local bar association participation.
- Network, Network, Network!
Job Search Strategies & Useful Links
- SULC Nuts and Bolts Series: video and tip sheets
- From J.D. to beyond: Casual conversations with alumni and other legal professionals
- Judicial Clerkships
- Public Interests Resources
- On-Campus Interview Process (OCI)
- More job boards and other useful links
Research law firms and practice areas here.
Request Reciprocity (for SULC Out-of-State Job Seekers): An SULC Law student or graduate may request reciprocity to utilize certain career services resources of another participating law school, consistent with the terms of that school’s Reciprocity Policy. For more information, read our reciprocity policy .
SULC Non-Discrimination Policy here